2.26.2008

random rant from me =)

Not much news to report...it's been awhile, but it's mostly because I haven't had anything to say haha =).  Less than 3 months till the BIG DAY!! Hooray! 

Oh, and Gavin bought an XBOX this past week, and since he got some boy games for him, I thought it would only be fair to get something that I wanted to play...so we bought Scene It! Oh goodness, it's so fun! So now I get to enjoy the XBOX too! That's nice! =) I think we now have every gaming system that was ever created except for the PS3...haha that's so sad. Oh well, atleast we'll be entertained!!

Okay, so I had a whole post written up, but it was dumb so I deleted it, haha.  Most of it was just about conflict.  I had a brief conversation with a girl at work about it, and it really got me thinking. We talked about how lame the world would be without it. How dull would it be if we were all a bunch of cowards who avoided conflict because we disliked confrontation. There is never a time that I don't learn something from an argument, whether it be about myself, the other person, or just an understanding of the big picture and what really matters.  It's kinda funny to say something like 'beauty in the confrontation,' but it is something that I experienced last weekend.  Never have I learned so much from one discussion, and I came out a better, stronger person for it and the relationship was definitely strengthened because of it.  I used to be the one who shuts down in order to avoid an argument, but i'm quickly learning that is no way to go through life, and will certainly not allow for any progress. I honestly don't want to imagine a world without it...
In great conflict, you will either sink, or you're gonna swim. You can let it consume you, eat you up, and beat you down, or you can rise from it and learn from it.


That's all...

Love you guys!! Have a great weekend!!

No comments: