6.16.2008

exhausted delirious rant.... =)

Well I can honestly say I haven't been this exhausted in a long time!! This past weekend we made the trip down to Amarillo for a friends wedding that I was in. I can't say that I have too many pictures to post from it...mostly because I was taking pictures with her camera the whole time...haha hmm funny how that works! Anyway, we drove down friday and turned around and drove home after the wedding. We didn't get in until 1:45 or so, then we had to be up early and ready to go for church in the morning so Gav could lead worship! We started a new fun tradition on Sunday nights where our friends Dustin and Holly come over and we have wine and a movie night!!  They are so fun and we always have a good time, however when Dustin picks the movies they are usually like 4 hours long (haha ok so I exaggerate a little bit!) so needless to say we didn't get much sleep last night either because I have to get up at the crack of dawn for work. Boo for that.  However, while we're both extremely exhausted, it's still so worth it because of all of the fun we've had with our friends this weekend! 

Hopefully we can catch up on sleep by Friday because come Saturday we have to go BACK to Amarillo for another wedding! Except this time we're making the trip all in one day with our friends Scott and Wendy! I'm glad they are coming with us, it will be so fun!! Then the next 2 weekends after that are going to be spend in Oklahoma for another wedding and then his parents are getting ordained as ministers, so it is a month full of traveling on the weekends, it's crazy. We are definitely looking forward to seeing his parents in Oklahoma though, we have not seen them since the wedding, so it will be so great to spend some time with them!!

I am really struggling right now with learning how to be content in ALL circumstances. It's so easy to become so consumed with what I eventually want to do that I forget i'm wishing away precious time right now.  I may not love my job right now, but maybe it's just teaching me to really appreciate it when I finally do get to do what I want to do.  However, i'm probably the most impatient person ever, so I am having a really hard time finding contentment in my current employment situation knowing that it's not something I want to do forever.  It seems like even more so now that I think i've figured out what i want to do that it's gotten worse. 

I don't want to be a complainer about my job, I know that i'm not the only one who is discontent in their job situation, and i know it's all going to work out and changing jobs isn't going to answer all my problems. I might run into the same stuff I am now, but it's the simple fact that I will enjoy what i'm doing and am passionate about it that makes all the difference.  How can you have a job and not be passionate about what you are doing? How can you expect to succeed and excel if you don't have any drive or passion behind what you're doing.  I don't want a job just to pay the bills, I want it to be something that is a challenge, however still something that I look forward to going to everyday. That's what I want. It could be too much to ask, but for my sake, i'm going to say that it's not.

That's my rant. 

I love my husband very much. He's so good to me. =) That's all

MG

No comments: