2.27.2009

This week.

Just in case you were curious as to how big Baby is getting and what's going on this week....

Week 19

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting.

Ya know, I was talking to Teresa at church about how incredible the development of a baby is...you may be thinking, what?!  However, it completely blows my mind to think about how tiny the little peanut starts out and in just over 12 weeks all major organs have been formed and in place--granted they can't all function yet, but seriously, it fascinates me more than anything.  In my life, this has reminded me what a mighty and powerful God that we really serve.  I am not sure how else to describe the development of a baby inside the womb....every organ develops in the right place and can fully function, the heart divides into 4 chambers, I could really go on and on---but do people really think this just automatically happens and it's by chance that everything is placed right where it should be?  Gosh I hope not.  I am not sure how we could find any other explanation than it being the Divine hand of God who is forming each and every child and designing each of us with such intricate detail.  Blows my mind.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. 

Have a GREAT weekend!

MG

No comments: